A theft in the storage rooms, a continuous problem with the mailboxes, some graffiti on the facade of the building … there are many reasons why a community of neighbours is encouraged to hire security services that help them to be calmer in the day today.
Deciding that we need to hire security for our premises is the first step, but once we have made the decision … how do we find the most suitable company? Sometimes, when it comes to hiring security, users take into account the marketing of a company more than the solvency of the company itself. Therefore, to avoid disappointment and learn to select the best offer on the market, we have prepared a list of questions for you.
Today we help you choose the best security company for your neighbourhood community by giving you essential questions that you must take into account when evaluating offers and selecting them. Because in terms of security, all that glitters is not gold and it is worth spending time choosing the best company. Your peace of mind and that of your neighbours will thank you.
- Do they have extensive experience in the sector? The first thing to value when selecting a security company that provides service in your neighbourhood community is that they have experience in the sector. For this, it is preferable to choose a company that is at least 20 years old, since a long-lived company that has adapted to the times has more resources when it comes to solving problems and knows the world in which it operates better.
- Do they provide a comprehensive service? Another point in favour of a good security company is that it offers a comprehensive service so that it can respond to all the needs of the community. Choose the one that can offer you the installation of cameras, alarms, access control … that can take all the security of your premises completely, responding to all the demands in terms of security.
- Does it offer specific solutions? Together with a comprehensive service, a good security company will reliably offer you specific solutions to each of the security problems that arise in your community. Remember that a warehouse does not have the same problems as a home, a corporate building or a department store, so when choosing a company, choose the one that has experience in your case and knows how to specifically solve the problems.
- Are they well equipped with new technologies? A good security company is an updated company in which its professionals are continuously recycled and in which new technologies and advances in security are incorporated to always offer you the best product, such as cameras thermals, fog walls or accesses with facial recognition. Be wary of companies that do not offer anything new or are unaware of the news in the sector. Only an up-to-date company knows how the security field is today and can give you the solutions you are looking for.
- Does it have its own Alarm Receiving Centre? This point is critical. Only a security company with its own, approved and real Alarm Receiving Centre can offer you protection for your community with guarantees. If you doubt between several options, always choose the company that has its Alarm Receiving Centre.
- Have an Engineering Department? A security company with an Engineering Department is committed to its business, its sector and the constant improvement of its services. Be wary of those who do not have it.
- Is it approved to work with the State? This approval is in itself a guarantee of suitability since it ensures minimum conditions of stability for the client because they are required by the State to approve. A company approved to work with the State will have at least a few minimum facilities as well as its economic viability and the capacity of the personnel working in it will be guaranteed.
- Can their facilities be visited? A visit to the facilities of a security company gives a very approximate and clear idea of the seriousness, capacity and legality of the same. Whenever possible, it requires visiting the facilities before hiring the service. And remember that a legal company will never deny you a visit: on the contrary, it will try to encourage it so that you can see “in real” everything they can offer you.
- Does it offer in writing ALL the conditions of its services/offers? Do not stay with words. When you interview a salesperson for the security company you are evaluating, ask in writing for every one of the conditions of the services that they make available to you and make sure they are what you need and what you have asked for before committing to hiring the service. The information on daily surveillance rounds, the alarm receiving centre or the quality of the cameras that the company offers you must be truthful and verifiable and this can only be known if you have it in writing and you can check it. Do not get any unpleasant surprises.
- What trainings do the security guards have?
For a security guard, theoretical training is never enough. Make sure you hire a company that has guards with complete practical training and experience. They should be well-equipped with gun technology, risk assessment, public interactions and all other threats that may come their way during the day. The security guards should always be high alert.
Along with these ten requirements that a security company must strictly meet to be a good option, there are also some issues that it is good to take into account, such as having security guards and assistants, as well as having a website where we can find out about services, offers and check that the company is serious. If you are residing in Canada, contact Potential Security for all your security needs.